Who doesn't love an inspirational quote for the New Year? Each January comes with the hope of better things to come: a time for shedding the past and looking forward to a brighter future.
The month of January is often ushered in with encouraging messages and motivational phrases. Yet, we don't have to look farther than Holy Scripture for lasting inspiration. God's word provides a solid message of strength, solace, mercy, and forgiveness. Enjoy the following 10 Scripture verses for encouragement in the coming year!
1. Philippians 3:13Brothers, . . . I can only say that forgetting all that lies behind me, and straining forward to what lies in front of me and I am racing towards the finishing-point to win the prize of God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus. So this is the way in which all of us who are mature should be thinking, and if you are still thinking differently in any way, then God has yet to make this matter clear to you. Meanwhile, let us go forward from the point we have each attained.
2. Isaiah 43: 18-19Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
3. Proverbs 3:5-6Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
4. Psalm 90:12So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
5. 2 Corinthians 5:17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
6. Psalm 20:2May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
7. 1 Chronicles 16:11-12Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,...
8. Habakkuk 1:5Look at the nations and watch — and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
9. Isaiah 40:31But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
10. Ephesians 4:22-24You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Want to enjoy more inspiration in the New Year? Sign up for our daily devotional email. Wishing you a peaceful, fruitful, and holy New Year!